A few times a year I get this intense urge to get my hair cut really short. Of course I always chicken out and this time will probably be no different . . . but it's something fun to think about. What do you think? Should I do it? Is my face too fat for it? Will people laugh at me? Will YOU laugh at me (even if you're laughing at me behind my back it still counts!)?




Anyway . . . part of me wants to do it just to prove to myself that I'm not chicken. But what if I hate it and look horrible? Hair takes a long time to grow in.
Any thoughts? And be honest!!
12 comments:
My thoughts are that you're a long-hair girl. But maybe I only think that because I'M a long-hair girl. I also have zero fashion sense, so don't take advice from me. :)
I say no. . . because I'm a chicken too!!!! (And I hate change). I can't do anything that drastic. Cutting my hair to my little A-line I have right now took months to muster the strength. But if you do it. . . you'd be my idol.
Maybe the question you should be asking is, "What would Joe Pesci want me to do?"
here's the deal with my "long" hair . . .I never do it or it's always in a pony. At least with a short cut, I'd HAVE to do something with it. Or maybe I'd just walk around with bedhead - yeah, that sounds about right. I wanna be daring (like I said in the post, though, I'm pretty sure I'll chicken out).
Julie - when I was looking at short hair cuts, I ACTUALLY thought about Joe Pesci and the fact that HE has short hair!!
I always tell myself that when I get super skinny one day, I'm going to chop my hair off. I HATE hair!
Yes my hair is short, but I always think about making it super short with like a punk rocker type style. I always cut my hair short (the length it is now, you know, above shoulder length) in hopes that will make me actually do it, but that theory doesn't always work. I still don't do it and I just walk around looking gross all of the time.
I guess my comment wasn't much help. Sorry.
I have the exact same dilemma. I LIKE the funky/punky look of super short hair and I really think it would look ok w/ face shape, etc.......BUT..... I truly believe that you (and I) have the wrong hair TEXTURE for that sorta thing. Everyone in those pictures has thinner, less curly hair. I think our thick, coarse, and wavy hair will just end up looking weird. (Or maybe that's just the big chicken in me speaking.) But I talked w/ my personal hair guru and that's what we decided. And I trust her with my life! Now I had pretty short hair once, and it worked very well - loved it - but it wasn't pixie short. I called it my Ashley Judd haircut. Or it also looked like Monica on friends when she had hers pretty short.
I don't know girl, you could probably do a million things with your hair and be amazing. You are NO Joe Pesci! But that's just my honest vote. :D
Yeah, Amy - I tend to agree with the hair texture thing. I think it would be A LOT of work to make it look right. And since I don't do my hair now - I most likely wouldn't do it if it were short either. Stoopid weird hair texture. However, if it were pixie short, would it matter? Buzz cut?
Also - to keep a short style I would need to get haircuts like every 6-8 weeks. I don't think I can afford that. As it is now, I get it cut once, maybe twice a year. How's that for fashion forward?
Ok, so what do I do with my hair? Am I destined to pony tails and hippie hair . . . all signs point to yes.
I like the second picture. I LOVE short hair, but my husband hates it. I generally give into to him. Good luck!
I say give it a shot. Go somewhere good (which probably means expensive, but you don't want to screw around with such a dramatic cut) and bring along some pictures.
It's a fun adventure...why not go for it?
Your face is too fat for short hair.
Just kidding, I just wanted everyone that sees this to think I'm a jerk, even though I knew you'd laugh.
Seriously, I tell everyone to do crazy things because I'm a big wimp and never do anything that drastic. I'd rather see someone else experience the emotions. I think you would look cute with long hair unless your hair is too thick. Sometimes super short super thick hair is iffy, but I guess you just need the right stylist. Like me.
Kidding again.
Obviously.
"I think you would look cute with long hair"... obviously I don't know my opposites.
A+ for my intelligence.
Him, Her, and the Wee One cracks me up. A++++.
Joe Pesci, I'll do it if you'll do it. :)
Post a Comment