Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Autumn Break

http://www.bluejake.com/images07/2007_11_leaves.jpg

I need some ideas on how to fill our Fall Break. What are your plans? I'm hoping to make the week "fall-ish" somehow. Any ideas? We'll most likely be sticking close to home since I don't trust either of our vehicles for any road trips.

pic from http://www.bluejake.com/images07/2007_11_leaves.jpg

5 comments:

Deb said...

I have a great idea. Come over and hang out at my house:)

Julie said...

Im probably going to be listening to my kids tell me they are bored. I was probably going to do a picnic at the park or something. . . or maybe a short hike if the weather stays cool. I don't know yet!

Kelly Cameron said...

-Decorate the windows with leaves made from construction paper.

-Have the kids make up and put on a play (about fall, maybe?)

-Go "camping" inside and tell stories at bedtime

-Make popcorn balls

Man, that sounds like fun. Can I come over? I bet you guys have tons of fun. How could you not, with YOU as a mommy?!

Amy from Our Dish said...

Since we didn't have ANY family vacation this summer, and I'm feeling like my kids are a tad deprived (but we still have no money for a REAL vacation).... we are doing a STAY-CATION! I have so many little ideas brewing, and I'm collecting coupons for fun places around town. Call me if you want to join in! (I can't wait!)

Cook Zoo said...

We have a culture pass to the zoo, which is what we're doing today. Thursday is scouts day, where we're just going to work on scout stuff until we've had enough. We'll be at my mom's Wed afternoon so I can help her with some stuff, so for the kids that will be playstation day. As far as I'm concerned, that fills the week and they can just play the rest of the time. :)

Let us know what you ended up doing. :)