Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update on Pushups

Ok, I did my first day. It was not without extreme embarrassment though. When I was doing my push-ups, I kinda felt like I was doing them wrong. And then I realized I was doing yoga version push-ups - plank pose style. When I realized this I corrected myself only to realize I can't do a regular push up. NOT ONE!!! So, I then had to do the "girlie" ones. Yeah, I thought I was tough. Now I'm humbled.

Anyway, I did my sets and they were difficult. Here it is two days after and my whole body hurts. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so sore! So, even though I'm doing girlie push ups, I'm still getting a work out. I guess that's the point, though, right? Once I get good at the girlie push ups, I'll be challenging myself to do regular push ups.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Um, you're a girl! What's wrong with the "girlie" push ups? I can't do the real ones either!

My World said...

Girl Pride stand up and shout!!!

I just think it is cool you know what a "yoga version push-up" is. I was thinking it was a frozen yogurt on a stick that you push out of the cardboard container. Oh, wait...that's a push pop!!! :)

Keep it going!!! (And try some Advil...)

Cook Zoo said...

LOL about the push pop!

I can't do a regular push up either. Not even one. I think you rock for doing this program! Can't wait to see your muscles! Girl Power!!!!

Tiffany Haynes said...

Good for you! I might just try it....but then again maybe I won't:)

Christina said...

Awesome job! I have no upper muscles so I doubt I could do real ones!