Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where Does She Get This Stuff?

The other day we went out for lunch. An older couple was sitting at a booth across from our table. After they were done with their meal, the older woman came over to our table and commented on how well behaved our children were. That's always nice to hear. After she left, Carena turned to Chris and me and said, "Well she's never seen us with our torches and pitchforks." And then she continued, "We only behave in public."

5 comments:

Julie said...

Torches and pitchforks???? What's going on at your house. . . Hmmmm. . .

Deb said...

Ha Ha. That's so funny. Seriously, where did she get the torches and pitchforks from?

Every once in awhile I get one of those comments from someone, and my immediate reply is, "Oh you caught them on a good day." I should stop saying that and give them a little more credit.

Cook Zoo said...

LOL! Ah, she's a clever girl. I love that Carena.

Cook Zoo said...

Why can't I make a comment on your friendship post? I loved it. Friends are such a blessing and I'm so glad you had one to see you through difficult times. I was so touched by what you wrote. You're awesome Roccy.

Christina said...

That is too funny!! What a whipper snapper!:)