Friday, August 14, 2009

That Loving Feeling

Racing heartbeat . . . butterflies . . . sweaty hands . . . dizzy. It's been a while since I've felt this way. Those early moments of love - but maybe not love - infatuation.

Oh, how I've wanted to meet you for some time. Weekly, sometimes twice a week, I'd drive past and look wistfully at you. But I resisted. I'm sorry I resisted for so long. But you had a silly name. I know, I know - a petty thing, but still it kinda turned me off.

But today, I could resist no longer. With only Jonathan as my witness I felt it was safe. He can't really articulate what's going on yet. So, if questioned about his day, he'd merely say, "went to store." I knew my secret was safe with him (and besides I bribed him with a Happy Meal). I would have come to you sooner, but I first had to drop some goods off at Goodwill. I thought that perhaps my offering of goods to Goodwill would counteract the bad I was about to do.

Finally, I was there. And you were there, in all your glory. I would have run to you but I don't think Jonathan's legs could go that fast, so we settled on a brisk walk. Actually, it was more of me doing the brisk walking as I practically had to drag Jonathan. Today of all days he is slow!

My heart raced, my hands were clammy, butterflies assaulted my stomach. I knew - knew this was the real thing. Michael doesn't compare to you. Nor does A.C. or even Joanne. No, no, YOU are the real thing. Maybe it's only fleeting, I don't know. Maybe once I get to know you better I'll think differently. But for now, I'll relish these moments when I can get away and be with you.


http://www.teamgiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/hobbylobby.jpg

4 comments:

Cook Zoo said...

ROFL!!!!!! That was hilarious! I remember being happily shocked the first time I went into the amazing store with the unfortunate name. I love that place!

Amy from Our Dish said...

Oh yah. Love it too. Did you know you can go to HobbyLobby.com and print off a coupon each week? Sometimes they are 40% off one item. Sorry if I'm just feeding your fire! :D

Kelly Cameron said...

YOU are HILARIOUS! I love it, I love it, I love it!

My World said...

You crack me up. Next time we can go together and you can rub some of your self control off on me...