Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Just doing something out of the ordinary makes a day special. Today, for breakfast I made pumpkin pancakes. Mmmmmm.


Here's the recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour
3 TBS brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
(I replaced the spices with 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2TBS vegetable oil
2 TBS vinegar
a few chocolate chips (optional)

In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combing the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture until just combined.

Scoop batter onto a hot griddle. Flip when lightly brown. Serve warm with butter and syrup. Decorate with chocolate chips to make a face.

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

Yum, I'll be right over to eat some. :)

I'm not making pumpkin cookies anymore... sorry I lied.

Julie said...

Okay, those look REALLY good! I'm going to try them as sort of "Thanksgiving-ish." Love it!

Cook Zoo said...

CUTE!! You're so creative!