Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Autumn

I miss autumn terribly. I miss the crisp cool days, taking walks and hearing the leaves crunch beneath my feet. I miss chilly days meant for sweaters and hot chocolate. I miss going to the local farms and buying apple cider and apples and picking out a locally grown pumpkin. I miss the beauty. I miss the colors of autumn. I miss that cozy feeling. I miss really really chilly days that are gloomy and you eagerly anticipate a snowfall while snuggled up inside. I miss the smells of outdoor fires. I miss raking leaves. I miss finding that perfect autumn maple leaf. I miss watching and hearing a gaggle of geese flying overhead in their "V" formation - heading south for the winter. I miss driving down a road canopied by trees and their vivid fall leaves. My heart aches for all of this.

http://www.autumn-pictures.com/new-jersey-autumn8.jpg

http://thelivepoetsociety.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/autumn1.jpg

http://goldenferi.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/autumn.jpg

http://www.radekaphotography.com/images/Autumn-Road-L.jpg

http://www.rondayphotography.com/Maple-Leaf-RDP.jpg

4 comments:

mad white woman said...

Oh, that was sad, Roccy. Your pictures are beautiful. If I had Autumn, I'd give you some. :)

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Thanks for coming to my pity party Anna.

Julie said...

AHHHHH. . . Rip my heart out!!! I feel the same way. Lets take a trip next fall!!!!

Cook Zoo said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing! They're almost enough to make me miss having a chill in the air (almost - not quite). ;) What can I say, I'm a desert rat through and through.