
It doesn't hurt that I totally love Johnny Cash. And never mind that I love Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon.
When this movie first came out I was so excited - I was determined that we'd go see it promptly in the theaters. It never happened - little things just never allowed us to go see it . . . until the glorious Netflix entered our lives.
This movie was great. I have always been a fan of Johnny Cash, but have never really looked into his life until now. It was heartbreaking some things that he endured as a child that continued to haunt him as he got older. It was touching how those who truly loved him rallied around him to make him better.
It's hard to critique a movie based on someone's life because it is what it is. Joaquin was a great Johnny Cash (and he did his own vocals for the movie). Reese Witherspoon (my twin) was equally awesome and did her own vocals as well!
Two thumbs up.
See the bottom of my blog for my playlist that has a few of my favorite Johnny Cash songs.
4 comments:
I loved this movie! And I wouldn't call myself a Johnny Cash fan either - this movie was simply awesome. :)
I didn't really know who Johnny Cash was until this movie came out and it was in the news. I wasn't interested in watching this movie and was pretty depressed the first time I watched it. I do love Reese and she was awesome in the movie. The music is great too. Anyway,now we own it and I actually love it. Although I haven't seen it in a while for reasons you may understand. :)
It's a shame his life was so immoral because his music is amazing. I 100% agree on your movie review!!! Netflix...it's awesome!
I loved this movie, too! The vocals were amazing. I can't believe they did all that themselves!
And I thought it was you playing that part. Was it really Reese? I'd better go rent it again just to be sure. :0)
Post a Comment