Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mr. Messy Costume

This is Mr. Messy:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5186PYF6WPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Colt wants to be Mr. Messy for Halloween. However, I don't know how to go about making this costume! A few ideas have been to use lots and lots of yarn (but it's not stiff enough and would just hang there) or using tulle. I think I'd attach that to a shirt and pants in a random haphazard fashion. For his hair and face I'd just do some crazy hair and a messy/hot pink face.

So, all you creative clever souls out there - HELP! Do yo have any ideas? Can you help me?

6 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Oh. I LOVE this. I could go hog-wild thinking about this one. My first thought would be to choose hot pink fabric, and cut it into loooong strips, lots of them. You can choose your own thickness and stiffness. Then use the aerosol cans of spray adhesive (lots of it) to attach it to an old shirt and pants, squiggled all over. If you could find a cheap pair of (white?) sweats this would be even better. Sometimes they sell plain sweats at the craft stores, or often just Kmart or something. I'd do the same thing to a plain (or white?) baseball cap or some sort of hat. This might have more impact than his own hair being colored pink. Then it's easier to remove also! If you need a little more "umph" up top you could mix in some pink pipe cleaners that you bend into shapes and hot glue them to the top of the hat. I wouldn't do this all over though, because obviously pipe cleaners are sharp and scratchy! Have the hat "squiggles" spill over onto the shoulders so it all blends together. If he's really up for it, you could use black make-up to draw the big circle eyes around his own eyes, and the plain smiley over his mouth and cheeks. I think that character idea is just the cutest EVER! Good luck!!! I want pictures!

Julie said...

I like Amy's idea. . . I wouldn't do tulle. . . he'll look like a ballerina because anyone else in pink tulle that night will all be three year old girls. I'll think on this but Amy's got ya started. . .

P.S. I know they have stuff that stiffens fabric (yeah, starch) but something else, I think. You should call JoAnn's and ask. If you need JoAnn's coupons let me know. If I don't have any I can point you to people who do.

Cook Zoo said...

How do you make a wide-eyed smiley face, cuz I have no idea! Be sure to post a picture when you're done though! :)

mad white woman said...

Just spray him head to toe in silly string. :)

Actually, I would use yarn and just put a little frayeeze on it (the stuff you use to prevent ribbon from fraying).

It's been too long since I've paid you a visit. Oh Roccy, where art thou?

My World said...

What about pipe cleaners??? You could do more than just hot pink...he is a boy after all...

Jodi said...

I think lots and lots of yarn sprayed with lots and lots of starch might work. Good luck. :0)