This is one of my favorite quotes from President Hinckley (former President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).
It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.
Love it! But I always have to remind myself that it may not be on my timetable that things happen but on the timetable of someone Greater.
6 years ago
4 comments:
Thank you! I think I will permanently etch that into my bathroom mirror or something.
Also, I am truly sorry about your burglary. I meant to say that in the last post, but I just got the giggles at the end of it. Sorry!
I love that quote. Someone gave it to me about 8 years ago... and then it was through that person that I experienced a very dark time in my life, so I read that quote ALL OF THE TIME. Maybe even daily at times. It has been a while since I've read it though, but apparently I should go back to reading it daily.
You're the greatest fake sister ever. ;)
I remember him saying this, and hearing it in his reassuring voice just felt so comforting. I miss him.
I miss President Hinckley too. That was a great quote. I think he's my favorite leader to read quotes and talks from.
Thanks for the tips on saving money/self discipline. It was something I needed to hear. I have issues with being an "all or nothing," kind of girl. It's always ALL THE WAY or NOT AT ALL, with me. I have a hard time finding balance. Do you have any wise words on finding balance now? (:
Post a Comment