Sometimes it's difficult finding my place here. I don't quite feel like myself when I'm not in charge of my own household. Oh, of course I clean up after myself and the kids and I still make meals for the children, but it's not my home. Also, the children are often busy with their grandparents, so I don't see them as much. And I miss them (well, I don't actually miss Jonathan since he has been stuck to my hip for over a week now).
But today was normal. Today, my parents ran some errands on their own and I decided to run a few errands of my own with the kids. We went to the grocery store and picked up some groceries. We went to a small department store and walked around and looked at the various items. Then, I took the kids out for lunch at an Italian restaurant. Carena and I had a slice of pizza. Colt and Jonathan had a bowl of penne alfredo. It was so nice sitting there with my three precious children eating a yummy lunch. It was so nice to reconnect with them - just us.
I felt normal (or as close to normal as I get).
6 years ago
4 comments:
You're a good person. I'm always so happy when my parents are around and can entertain my kids for a while so I don't have to. I love the break since I don't usually get one.
Hi Roccy! It sounds like you are having a great time at your parents! I shot an email over to you yesterday. Sorry it took so long! Don't know if you have access to your email account while on vaca? Figured I would drop a note to you here too in case!
You're a better mom than me, LOL! I love getting a break while the kids play with grandparents and uncles and cousins. I know what you mean about feeling out of place in someone else's house. It sounds like you guys had a nice day. :)
That was sweet. You are such a good mom.
Post a Comment