One thing about being out here in the sticks is the variety of wildlife and critters you stumble upon almost daily. There is a ton of learning going on - for every new critter, we run to the Audubon and Peterson Field Guides to name and classify our new friends. One of our most recent finds was this guy (this is actually an image from the internet - I don't have the skills to take a decent picture):

He's a Daring Jumping Spider. I've seen him on the porch (eating another spider) and most often on the window out of the kitchen. I'm in no way a spider lover, but it is fun to learn and see different creatures in their natural habitats. Plus, there is enough room around here for us all to co-exist.
4 comments:
Ummm.... I don't know. I don't think there's enough room in the universe for me and that fuzzy fellow to co-exist! Somebody grab a SHOE -- EEEEK!
back up, i need vocabulary 101 first so i know what entomology means. :) jason might have a nightmare if i show him that picture.
What in the heck? I come on here for some nice blogging about the Hundred Acre Woods and I see this? A fuzzy JUMPING spider! Ewwwww!! And I thought you were my friend! ;)
*I* will have a nightmare! I am so scared of spiders. When we were engaged I had Ryan come over late one night to my apartment, against all BYU housing rules just to kill a spider. At least he knew what he was getting into before the marriage. I don't have problems with snakes and other critters but spiders. . . I may boycott your blog!
Post a Comment