Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The UNCOOLEST Thing Colt Has Said

It's no secret that Colt adores Chris. A conversation with Colt the other day:

Colt: You know how Papa works and you stay home and take care of the kids?
Me: Yes.
Colt: I think we should change that plan.
Me: What should we do?
Colt: I think Papa should stay home and you should work.
Me: (I just stare at Colt at this point)
Colt: I like Papa better.
Me: I know.

And today:

Colt: Mama, I think you should go to work and Papa should stay home.
Me: (I say nothing)
Colt: I just want to see if you can work.

5 comments:

Cook Zoo said...

It is SO uncool when kids say stuff like this. The way you wrote about it was cool though. :) How come dads get to come home and just play and be fun while we're in charge of keeping order all day? No fair.

Julie said...

You know what. . . some days I want to switch like that! I respect Ryan's job and I realize I have no clue what he goes through to provide for the family. . . but I seriously want to have my husband stay home for a week and have hidden cameras around the house. It would be so fun! (I know, I'm wicked!) I think after that my kids would be begging for me back (at least I hope!).

P.S. Plus, its actually really cute how much Colt adores his dad.

mad white woman said...

I thought that was cool...

Dejavu... always dejavu when I can barely keep my eyes open.

Don't worry Roccy, I was a witness to Colt saying quite the opposite to Chris. Remember?

Colt raises an important question. Can you work?

bethiepoos said...

hahhaha I love it!

My World said...

I feel for you. I think Colt and Joseph ride the same mind wave...