Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for a husband who is awesome in so many ways and especially for being so brilliant with computers - he was able to fix our computer that I thought had surely kicked the bucket for good.

I'm also grateful that after a long day and long evening he still went to the grocery store for a few items and even got me whole wheat bread.

I am grateful for my friends. I don't know if they know how much they mean to me. I don't have sisters close by (unless you count South Carolina as close) and I have a few friends that are my surrogate sisters. They bring me treats for no reason, they watch my children, they visit with me, they invite me to do things with them, but most of all, they talk to me and let me share in their thoughts and ideas and heartaches and joys. Once in a while they let me return the favor (although not often enough). They take the loneliness away. What they may consider small acts of kindness are huge to me.

6 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

So happy to hear about your computer! What would we do without them? - the husbands AND the computers.

mad white woman said...

And I'm thankful for a darn cool neighbor. Remind me to tell you my first impression of you... and what I thought of you when I heard you'd be moving in across the street. Ha ha.

Maybe someday I'll focus more on absorbing your heartache instead of injecting you with mine. :)

bethiepoos said...

roccy
I am sorry I have been a rubbish friend!! For some reason it is difficult for me to make the effort when my friends are out of sight! ask my long lost scottish buddies what they think about my efforts!! I hope I can be a better friend in the months to come! on that note, could you please give me candice's number as I have lost contact with her also! I suck!

Anonymous said...

your husband... he is brilliant, isn't he?

;D

Cook Zoo said...

Every time I see you and Anna comment about the neighborly things you do for each other, it makes me wish I were your neighbor too!! You're awesome Roccy!

My World said...

I'm glad we're neighbors. I don't have sisters, so it works out nicely. You are the best!!!