For some reason the criminally-minded have come out of the woodwork this week (full moon? Halloween right around the corner?). It all started on Wednesday when Carena and Colt's school was put on lock-down because a stranger wearing a mask was seen wandering around the grounds. Creeeeepy. The police were called and scoured the area but were not able to find the creepy guy. They stayed on campus as added security for the rest of the day.
Wednesday night, as Chris was coming home from scouts, he noticed two guys crouched in a bush near a Chevron. As soon as Chris shone his lights on them they took off running. Still in the car, Chris followed them as they ran through a neighborhood. Chris had another scout leader in the car with him (as well as Carena and Colt). The other leader got out and called the police from a home in the neighborhood. The police came out, the helicopter came out, but they weren't able to locate the guys.
This morning . . . Chris and Carena head out the door. Chris always takes Carena to school. Chris notices the trunk opened on his car and all of the contents of his glovebox scattered in the car. His car had been broken into. They ripped off his stereo but oddly left the Texas Roadhouse gift card just sitting on the car seat. Now, me, if I had found a Texas Roadhouse gift card I'd have been in heaven. Who cares about a car stereo? I'm gettin' a steak!!
So, it's been exciting around these here parts. But it's not been a good kind of exciting . . . more the stressed creepy violated type excitement. Take caution everyone, lock your cars at night, double check your doors, all that.
Oh, a side note - early early early this morning our cat (the big puffy one) comes into our bed and just starts meowing at us. This got me quite frustrated because you know, I like to sleep, not listen to a meowing cat. Anyway, I wonder if he heard noises outside and was trying to warn us that someone was messin' with Chris's car. Like Timmy and Lassie.
6 years ago
5 comments:
That stinks Roccy. I came to send my condolences earlier, but you were gone. How dare you leave without telling me. :)
Remind me to tell you the Scout's version of the lock down story.
Who are Timmy and Lassie?
What's that? Chris' car is stuck in a well???
Oh Anna! You don't know Lassie?! Dang I'm old.
Oh man, that's so creepy. That kind of stuff freaks me out. There have been some serious cases of vandalism at Christopher's school this week. What's going on around here lately? And I'm already super paranoid and lock my car doors the second I'm in and lock our house doors as soon as I close them. Man, I have the creeps now.
oh no roccy that is horrable!! hey Mark got his truck broken into in the temple parking lot!!!
P.s I might have to break in to your car and steal that giftcard, a steak sounds good right now!!!
How scary! I am so sorry to hear about Chris' truck. What a bummer. I hope the creepiness stays away from Tucson!!
Post a Comment