
I have been hesitating to write this only because I don't want to seem overly dramatic. But, as I am preparing dinner and thinking about tomorrow, I am feeling a little scared.
Tomorrow Jonathan (or as we call him - J or Jay) is having some minor surgery. He has a lump on his chest region that needs to be removed. He had a similar surgery last year to get rid of a cystic hygroma. We were hoping that when we noticed a rather large lump develop a few weeks ago that it was just more of the same, but the surgeon did not think so. So, tomorrow he is getting it removed and then biopsied. The surgery should only take an hour. He will recover for a while and will then be able to come home the same day.
It's scary to turn your baby over to someone else. It's scary to think of him all alone without someone there who absolutely loves him. It's scary to think about anesthesia. It's scary to wait in the waiting room. It's scary to think about the fact that he's only 2 and doesn't understand these things and will he wonder why Mama and Papa aren't there and why are there strangers all around him with scary equipment?
I don't write this to be dramatic, but I do write this because I'd hope that anyone who cares to will give Jonathan a happy thought tomorrow morning (surgery starts at 7:30 am) and will remember him and his doctors in their prayers.

3 comments:
I am glad you wrote this because I totally forgot and your poor family would've starved tomorrow night. I will keep you, the Dr.s & Jonathan in my prayers.
You aren't being overly dramatic Roccy. Seriously. If you think that's what this is, you must think I'm the biggest drama queen ever.
ROCCY!!!! When I visit teach you and I ask what is going on in your family and if I can help you need to take me up on it. Seriously!!!! I will be praying for Jonathon tonight and tomorrow morning. Who doesn't love those big, sweet eyes in the last picture.
I don't blame you for feeling scared. I think it is what Mom's feel and then on top of it we have to pretend hospital's are fun for our kids!! I am glad to read everything went well!! We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment