Friday, November 27, 2009

True Love

We don't do Black Friday. I don't do Black Friday. I have enough anxiety just going out on ordinary days - but to tackle Black Friday?!? I'd most surely die. And to get up in the wee hours of the morning?!

But this year . . . there was this certain item that a certain little boy has been asking for for almost a year. Said item was on sale at WalMart for Black Friday. It went on sale at 5 am. It's a high demand item meaning that there would be a line for it and it would sell out in a blink of an eye.

Chris, my lovely wonderful husband, got up at 1:30 AM and stood in line at WalMart until 5 am when he could buy the item. He was fourth in line. He said by the time he left WalMart (at 5:20 am), the item was sold out.

He's my hero. And he's a hero to a certain little boy - who may never know the sacrifice his amazing father went through to get him exactly what he wanted.

5 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Wow that IS love. Hurray for your success!!!! Are you going to tell what the coveted item was?

And how did your family pics go? Have you been able to see them yet? I got a peek at my proofs today and I'm DYING!!!!! I need help deciding!

Julie said...

No way!!!! I do Black Friday--but only the minor items. The rule is I won't ever camp out for anything. I guess my love and sacrifice is not as strong as Chris's. Very impressive, indeed.

Emily said...

Impressive. I feel the same anxiety as you for Black Friday. I don't know if there will ever be a time when I leave the comfort of my bed for a cold spot on a Walmart sidewalk. Chris is amazing!

Deb said...

I have anxiety over regular shopping as well. Black Friday will never be an option for me. But what a wonderful husband/dad for doing that for his little boy. I too want to know what this coveted item was.

Cook Zoo said...

I LOVE your solution to not wanting to go out - send your husband instead. Way to go Chris. I went to WalMart too, but silly me (not being at all experienced in the Black Friday madness), I thought I could get there at 5am and just walk in with the line. It took me 10 minutes just to find a parking place!