I am without a vehicle today, unless you count the car sitting in my driveway with a flat tire. Chris's car keeps getting flats. Each morning he goes out, fills the tire with air and crosses his fingers that it holds until he gets to work (his drive into work is 30 minutes). Then, each night he comes home on a severely low tire.
Today I persuaded him to take my car instead. His tire is getting worse and worse. What's he going to do at the end of the work day when he goes to get in his car and the tire is completely flat? Then what? Until we can get a new wheel, he'll be taking my car to work.
As he left today with my car, I thought, "I don't have to go any where today. I'm free!" Seriously, I thought that. Without a car I don't have to run all those little time consuming errands! It's like a vacation day for me. No piling the kids in and out of the car, no agonizing over how much gas I'm wasting, no putting a diaper bag together, no coordinating my errands with lunch and naps.
I'm stuck at home and I love it! So without the burden of leaving the house, here are some tentative plans for my day:
1. Finish up the laundry. I've been working on the laundry for this entire week. I only have a few loads left. And, since time is not an issue, I can hang my clothes out on the line to dry.
2. Clean the master bedroom. Lately I've been focusing on cleaning out our garage and I've come across a lot of stuff that needs to find a place in our home. But until I could get to finding places for all this stuff (books mostly), I've been just chucking them in my bedroom.
3. Have a picnic with Colt and Jonathan. Thursdays I try to go to the park with the boys. But, I'm not up for a 2 1/2 mile walk - one way to get to the park. Instead, I think we'll either go to our neighborhood playground or we'll have a picnic in our back yard.
4. Start reading Jane Eyre. This is the next book to read in the book club I belong to. No time like the present to start reading it (although I can only start reading it after all my other obligations are finished. I tend to start reading a book, get engrossed, and then nothing else gets done).
5. Make dinner menus. I've been trying to be better at pre-preparing meals. I love having a complete meal in the freezer that I only have to heat up for dinner. How simple! So, I need to come up with some meal plans and a grocery list.
6. Clean out the refrigerator. It ain't gonna be pretty.
7. Dink around on the computer. Now, this little gem is probably the only task that will realistically get done today. I love the internet!
6 years ago
2 comments:
LOL! I can relate to most of that, especially 4 and 7. I hope you like the book!
I know what you mean about being free while being trapped.
So when I hang my laundry to dry it dries wrinkly and I hate ironing. Do you have the same promblem? Any suggestions? Email me. Deborah
Post a Comment