
Bountiful Basket Saturday has taken on a holiday feel around here. It's like opening your Christmas stocking - I love all the surprising goodies. That's the same feeling we get when we get our basket of fruits and veggies. Sometimes we get a fruit or veggie that we would never had guessed (or even knew existed), but here it is in our basket! We got a jicama this week.
Carena always accompanies me to pick up our loot. She helps me transport the produce from their baskets into ours. You can hear us exclaim things like, "Look Carena! Spinach!!" or, "Look Mama! Apples. I love apples!" and "Bananas! Jonathan is going to be so happy!" Yesterday, we got a bag of mushrooms, to which Carena said, "ewwww."
3 comments:
I have to agree with Carena - ewww mushrooms - yuck! But the rest sounds yummy. :)
Okay, I've heard this is so awesome. I need to get more info on it. We love fruits and veggies at our house. Yes, even veggies, my kids will eat them pretty well.
Oh I LOVED getting mushrooms! Last night we topped our pizza with it and tonight it'll go in a pasta dish. I've used them in some other dishes too, but I still have quite a few left and I'm not sure what I'll do with them.
This was my first time getting a basket, and if this is scarce then I don't think I'll ever be disappointed. :)
Post a Comment