(verb) to gross out; to digust; to make your skin crawl
As I was sitting on my bed this afternoon, I noticed something moving along my comforter. I took a closer look.
A SCORPION.
Oh, shudder.
I HATE scorpions. God's creature or not - I HATE them. I truly believe they were a mistake to be created. And if Noah had to collect scorpions for the ark, well then, I also blame him for allowing their existence to continue.
So, I gathered that little abomination up in a cup - whilst shuddering the entire time - and took him outside and plopped him onto our patio. He tried to bolt. Oh, he tried. But he didn't make it far before he met the bottom of my shoe.
I squished the heck (I used a different word earlier) out of him.
One down . . . how many more to go? And how did it get into my house? And now I can't sleep in that bed anymore and I can't walk anywhere without my shoes on. And now I'm constantly looking behind me and around me wondering where another will show up. My skin feels like it's crawling with them.
They're everywhere! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(another reason to hate Arizona)
As I was sitting on my bed this afternoon, I noticed something moving along my comforter. I took a closer look.
A SCORPION.
Oh, shudder.
I HATE scorpions. God's creature or not - I HATE them. I truly believe they were a mistake to be created. And if Noah had to collect scorpions for the ark, well then, I also blame him for allowing their existence to continue.
So, I gathered that little abomination up in a cup - whilst shuddering the entire time - and took him outside and plopped him onto our patio. He tried to bolt. Oh, he tried. But he didn't make it far before he met the bottom of my shoe.
I squished the heck (I used a different word earlier) out of him.
One down . . . how many more to go? And how did it get into my house? And now I can't sleep in that bed anymore and I can't walk anywhere without my shoes on. And now I'm constantly looking behind me and around me wondering where another will show up. My skin feels like it's crawling with them.
They're everywhere! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(another reason to hate Arizona)
8 comments:
Don't worry - you have a cat. I hear that they are one of the best deterrents. :(
Good luck!
I totally thought you were going to say you just let it go oustide...
Get a black light and some Benadryl and you'll be fine. :) It's not all that bad to get stung. He he.
PS I just told Jason and it made the hair on his leg stand up. HA!
Ooooh nice. Now my skin is crawling too. THANKS!
eeeeek!!
I feel the same about roaches. and earwigs. but neither of them will sting you. they are just the grossest things in the world. (and earwigs you can cut in half and they STILL crawl around. eeeeww!)
Freeeeeky!!! I hate them too! And the fact that you found it on your bed is so disturbing! Hurry, leave the state! (except I really don't want you to leave the state, if only we could get the scorpions to leave. . . )
sheeesh! Scorpions were created so that house spiders wouldn't look so terrifying. You need a meerkat, Timon ate scorpions. Go to PetCo and see if they have any Timons, minus the Pumbas.
Was the other word you used brains??? You squished the brains out of him???
As for Anna's comment...I would say get a black light and a hammer. The Benadryl bottle doesn't squish the brains out of them very well! :)
That is so freaky! I still have never seen a scorpion here. It's a good thing or else I'd be exactly like you. Paranoid every where I went!!!
Post a Comment