Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What I Did Today

This post is for anyone interested in what I do during the day. It's not exciting, but I think it's kinda nice to share my day with those who are unable to see my daily life due to distance.

Today I woke up at 6:45 am with a nasty headache. I fixed Carena some breakfast - cinnamon crisp (tortillas spread with butter and cinnamon sugar and then cooked on the griddle), applesauce and strawberry slices. I also prepared her school lunch. While she was eating her breakfast I read two chapters to her of Nancy Drew. Each morning we read a chapter or two of a book while she eats. I helped Carena with her hair, had prayer with her and Chris and then off to school she went!

My head was still pounding so I headed off to bed. I slept for about 2 more hours until the phone woke me up (thank you telemarketer!). The phone woke me up in the middle of a beautiful dream in which I won $225 million. By that time Colt and Jonathan were just waking up as well. I made them cinnamon crisp served with strawberry slices (Colt made no comments about this being slop).

I checked my email, read the online news, cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast, did some laundry, and took my shower. Then it was time to get Colt ready for school. Since we had a few minutes before his ride was due to come get him, we played a little bit of Super Mario 3 on the Wii. I had prayer with Colt. His ride came, I hugged and kissed him and sent him on his way.

Jonathan and I then ground some wheat in the wheat grinder with plans of grinding some popcorn kernels into cornmeal later in the day. The high pitch of the grinder didn't do too much for my headache. I took some medicine which has now made me sleepy. Jonathan is watching Dora (thank you TV for the days when I am not fully functioning) and I am drinking some hot chocolate.

Jonathan wasn't interested in lunch - he had a rather late breakfast. Nap Time! I put Jonathan down for a nap around 1:30. While he napped I did a few things on the computer, tidied up the house (although you can't tell now) and watched a little TV. Then it was time to go to the bus stop and get Carena and Colt. I also stopped for the mail (nothing good). Carena and Colt came home, ate a snack. Carena practiced piano. I then woke up Jonathan so I could drive Carena and her friend to piano lessons. I dropped them off there and here I am!

Like I said - not exciting and quite low key! The rest of the day will consist of more tidying and struggling for a good idea for supper.

That was my Tuesday. If anything out of the ordinary happens the rest of the day, I'll let you know.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Minus the headache that actually sounds like a lovely, relaxing, low-key day. Now where are the stronger drugs????

mad white woman said...

What a good day. I wish mine was as productive!

Cook Zoo said...

I agree with Julie. I love that you read to Carena as part of your morning routine. :)

My World said...

I'm just glad that cinnamon crisps aren't considered slop. :) You are a great mom...even with a massive headache!