What a great farm! We started off in a barn area where we learned about what the cows there eat. Then we went on a tour of the farm - hayride style. When we got back we fed some goats, a horse, and a donkey. Then we got to pet some rabbits and hold some roosters. We then ambled over to a "milk bar." After we chug-a-lugged some different flavored milk, the kids had fun running through a hay maze. It was all a lot of fun. It was really simple - not too commercial.
I also learned that they give horseback riding lessons - so I'm looking into that for Carena. One of the nicest things about this place was that it was about 12 minutes away! A farm in Mesa - who knew!!
It started with a cookie in the car:

Here are some of the pretty ladies:


Petting the bunnies was a hit!

I think this is Chris's favorite critter:









3 comments:
I love the John Deer hat--how appropriate! I went with the kindergarten classes when they went on the field trip. I thought it was a great place but I would probably enjoy it more with my family rather than 150 kindergarteners.
Whenever I read the things you do as a family I just think, "They are pretty cool." I don't know why, you just seem to have a good time while keeping it simple.
P.S. I can't believe you're preg! :)
Ah oh, I think you're starting to like Mesa. You better watch out, those cows will do it for ya!
We might havea to check that out... you know, since Clara apparently likes animals.
Good luck tomorrow.
I agree with Julie, you guys do some pretty cool things! I'd never heard of this place, but we'll have to check it out. Love the pics. :)
Post a Comment