She played two songs, "I Am a Child of God" and "A Riddle." She went up to the piano, turned to the audience and told us her name and the song she would be playing and who the song was by. Then, she sat down at the piano, played those songs perfectly and then got back up, turned to the audience and bowed.
I wish I had some video, but I don't! Actually, I always have this conflict with taking lots of pictures and videos - sometimes I feel like I'm so focused on the picture taking and the video taking that I really miss out on the "show." So, at times, I leave the camera be and just watch first-hand my child performing without the distraction of messing with my camera.
Chris did take a few pictures however to document this monumental moment!

6 comments:
Way to go Carena. I wish I would have not just done one year of piano and actually learn something.
Hooray for Carena! She's such a cutie. And I know what you mean about not experiencing something because you're behind the camera. I've had to watch myself with that too. :)
I can witness. . . she was great! I don't know which was cuter. . . her little perfectly performed pieces or her sweet little introduction of herself. Love that kid!
How sweet. What a good idea to focus on the moment and not get wrapped up in the camera. I will store that away in my memory for the future.
What age does a child typically start taking piano lessons?
Ahhh...the memories of being horrified to do a recital, then having it come off perfectly! Oh, wait...I just did the horrified part. Carena is WAY better than I was!!! :) Way to go Carena!
Yeah for Carena. Awesome parents have awesome kids. :)
Post a Comment