He won 3 races, came in second in one race and third in another!! Relief. He was so happy! He placed third in his den and even got a trophy! The whole time Colt kept saying he only wanted a little trophy since it would be easier to hold. Unfortunately, he didn't get a little trophy. He got a BIG trophy. As we were leaving we heard him say to himself, "bigger trophies are better."
He had a great time and I think it set a good foundation for years to come!
8 comments:
Yeah he got a big trophy! You can rest easy now.
But wait aren't Colt and Smith the same age? Why isn't Smith starting scout stuff? And pinewood derby stuff? I thought they started that boy church stuff when they turned eight?
Deb, in Cub Scouts the ranks start with Tiger Scouts (at age 6 or 1st grade). BUT, the church doesn't do Tiger Scouts. Colt really really wanted to do scouts, so we signed him up with a cub scout troop outside of the church - through the community. It's been a ton of fun for him (and us!).
Way to go Colt! That is a very big trophy.
Wow! Awesome trophy!!! Way to go Colt!
I can understand the "just one race" thing. Poor Ben didn't win any races last time. I consoled myself by saying it was a good time to learn that winning isn't everything.
But it would've been nice. ;)
Yeah, Colt would have been alright with not winning, I think. He knows it's not all about winning, in theory, but it's always a hard lesson to learn. I'm just glad that scout leaders have the sensitivity to make sure everyone gets an award of some sort and no one is left out.
That's right Colt, BIGGER is BETTER. That trophy is huge!
Holy Smokes that's a huge trophy! Way to go Colt!!! I told Ryan that I felt bad he doesn't have a son and will never do Pine Wood Derby. He said he's glad because he doesn't want to do it--he's scared of the pressure of a little boy that he would want to do well (and the competitive dads!--we are so lame!)
For some odd reason I had in my head that you had stopped blogging. Don't ask me why. Here I have missed months of your ever enjoyable posts. Silly me!
So glad Colt a good experience and even won a trophy!
Post a Comment