Last week was my date with Colt. This week was Girls Night Out with Carena (courtesy of Chris's birthday gift to me)!
We got to see the Broadway musical - Mary Poppins! Holy cow we were so excited.


We got there early enough to walk around the grounds, run through some green grass and climb trees:


And of course, the traditional girls night out cigar - okay, it's a Twix bar:

We had really good seats (thank you Chris!) - this picture was taken right before we got in trouble for taking pictures:

The musical was FANTASTIC. As soon as the lights went down and the curtain went up, Carena was nothing but smiles. Same with me! It was a late night - but oh so worth it.
I love having girlie days with Carena. She's so much fun, full of life and brings out the best in me. Here she is, nine years old, and she's already the person I wish I could be. I love every second with her.
When we got home I told Chris that I hoped we'd make this a tradition - that my birthday gifts would be things I could go do with the children. What wonderful memories we were able to create.
6 comments:
I love all the pictures, Carena looks like she was on cloud 9! And YAY for wholesome entertainment!!!
I can't believe Carena is 9! Where does the time go.
And that would be an awesome tradition to get dates with your kids for your birthday to fun places like that. I think I might mention that one to Ian.
So fun. Carena is so cute. That's the most clever birthday gift ever. Is Chris aiming for husband of the year?
I miss bugging you during the day...
What a great idea for you birthday present. Your kids are going to have such great memories.
Happy Birthday!!! What a fun, fun, fun present! You guys are adorable.
What a great gift! For both of you! (I think Carena is a great girl too!)
Post a Comment