Monday, February 15, 2010

The Best Date EVER


For my birthday (in November) Chris got me tickets to take Colt to see a play - The Goats Gruff. This Valentine's Eve we got to go! I was so excited . . .

First, dinner at Wendy's:


Then it was time for the play. Our seats were front row dead center. It was awesome! The play was wonderful as was the acting. I think that was Colt's first play. I'd look over at him from time to time and he would just be smiling from ear to ear.


After, we stopped at Sonic for an ice cream treat:


Before we went on our date, Chris told Colt to be a gentleman and treat me like a lady. During our date Colt turned to me and said, "Am I treating you like a gentleman?" Then he offered to pay for our Sonic treats.

Hands down, best date ever.

6 comments:

Julie said...

He told me all about this at church yesterday. He was still pretty excited about it! He kept saying, "It was just me and my mom." It shows how important that one on one time is.

(P.S. What a sweetheart to pay for Sonic! He'll be ready for real dating in. . . oh, ten more years!)

Amy from Our Dish said...

ACK! Sooooooo cute! I love the two of you all dressed up.

mad white woman said...

So cute. When did Colt lose his two front teeth? Tell him I could use a good date. Ha ha.

Emily said...

So sweet! You two look adorable!

Deb said...

That does sound like the perfect date. I agree with Julie, it shows you how important that one on one time is with each kid.

Cook Zoo said...

Sweet!!! I love these date ideas. I need to do something like that with my boys.

Course, I could use a date with my hubby too. ;)