My idea can be summed up into these two words: DO SOMETHING.
This concept worked wonderfully for me during spring break. The only rule was to DO SOMETHING (every day). It didn't have to be some big event, but SOMETHING. And, it doesn't have to be something that takes up the entire day. I usually like to do my events in the mornings, when it's cooler. Our afternoons will be spent hanging out at home (watching tv, playing wii, reading, etc.). This also allows for Jonathan's afternoon nap. But just getting out for a little bit each day or having something planned makes such a difference.
Here are some of my ideas (and some of them can be things you do once or twice a week - like Mondays and Wednesdays are water days, Tuesdays are movie days, Fridays are "friend" day, etc.):
Water Day - We'll be getting a pool pass to our local pool this year. We'll decide which days are "pool days" and spend a few hours poolside. Water Day could also include sprinklers in the backyard or a day at the river.
Movie Day - Tuesdays - since it's dollar day at the discount theater.
Friend Day - have a friend over.
Picnic Day - have a picnic at night or in the house.
Lazy Day - wear your pj's all day, watch movies (this was Carena's idea!)
Craft Day - do a new craft
Cooking Day - learn how to make something yummy!
River Day - spend the morning at the river, playing, take a picnic lunch.
Field trip Day - go to a museum, theater, out to lunch
Library Day - story time and books!
Project Day - work on a project for an upcoming presentation: puppets for a puppet theater play, science project for a science fair.
Day at the Resort - resorts have really good deals this time of year - why not spend the night and take advantage of their amenities.
Take a camping trip - out of town, backyard or living room!
Slumber party with the kids.
I've found that even planning the events is a lot of fun and makes for great memories. I think that's
where half the fun is!
2 comments:
I love those ideas! You rock! :) I gotta say though, I'm not ambitious enough to do something every day. I like plenty of lazy days.
Don't forget "Come play on the water slide at Amy's" day. You're invited!!!
Post a Comment