Thursday, May 21, 2009

Colt's Actual Birthday

(see below for more blog entries - they're kind of piling up today and don't want you to miss them!)

Colt's day started EARLY. He was so excited to get the day going. We always decorate the kitchen eating area the night before - he woke up to balloons and streamers. He got to open one present - a TAG reading pen! How cool is that! He played with that most of the morning. Carena also presented him with a new hula hoop. Good times.

For his birthday breakfast Colt requested donuts (I love this boy!). He had a sugar raised AND a maple frosted.

Then, it was time to head to school. But not to fear! I brought some cookies and juice in to share with the class in celebration of this monumental day. I was glad I got to see the class sing "Happy Birthday" to him. Colt helped pass out the drinks and got to pick two friends to help pass out the cookies and napkins.

After school he go got to open a few more presents. Then it was a waiting game until Chris got home from work so the partying could begin.

Each birthday, the children get to pick what they want for dinner. This year Colt requested chicken and waffles! We got a bucket of KFC and I made some Belgium (Belgian?) waffles. Colt's Uncle Christopher came for the festivities.

New TAG reader!



Enjoying our chicken and waffle dinner:


Gifts Galore:


Yes, that is Punch Out for the Wii - released the day before his birthday:


Colt has been wanting so badly to be a cub scout. Chris is the Bear leader, but the pack doesn't have a Tiger Cub program. Colt goes to scouts with Chris each week and asks us constantly when he gets to be a scout. We've found a few troops in the area that have Tiger Cub Scouts, so we'll be signing him up this coming school year. Until then, he's set with a new Scout shirt and a Tiger Cub Scout book.
Hey Colt, remember that cake I made for your fifth birthday last year?


I tried to do better this year (Carena has called this my magnum opus) (Colt is not crying in that picture, he's just giving a goofy thumbs up)

His birthday was great! I hope he enjoyed himself. Here it is, the day after, and I know he's enjoying the various gifts he received. Thanks to those who made his day special!!

1 comment:

Cook Zoo said...

His facial expressions crack me up! Love that kid! Happy birthday Colt! The cake was magnificent!! You could charge people for that, you know. And the camping party looked like a lot of fun! :)

That's so cool he's getting to be a Tiger Cub. I was just looking at those requirements the other day and wishing our kids could participate. It's awesome that you're doing it!