For some reason, my children have been enamored with the treadmill lately. I told Colt that he could walk on it yesterday. As the day progressed, however, we both forgot until RIGHT BEFORE bedtime. So, I told him to go put his flip flops on (I mean, he's five, he's not going to be running on the thing, right?). Chris stayed close by to ensure safety, while I tucked in Jonathan and Carena.
This is the scene I came upon:
Colt ran for 16 minutes straight at 4 miles per hour (he actually started out at 2 to warm up but quickly progressed to 4). All the while he was chit chatting and skipping here and there.
Know how much I can run at one time? Like 30 seconds and not at 4 mph. And I don't talk or skip. I just think about how I'm going to die.
This morning he wakes up and the first thing he asks me is if he can run on the treadmill. I made him wait till after breakfast. He then runs for 25 minutes fluctuating between 2 mph and 4 mph. He talked all the while.
Oh, to be five.
6 years ago
7 comments:
HA HA HA!!! Nothing cuter than little boys' tighty whities.
Man!!! We should have had Colt running with us in our race!! This kids got some skill. P.S. Ditch the flip-flips!
Wow, he's the man. I laughed at your description of how much you can run. That is SO me!
That is awesome! I don't what is funnier - the fact that he is practically naked or wearing flip flops. Although I wish I had Colt's stamina, I'm afraid I'm more like you. I start wishing for death seconds into a run.
No wonder he is a bean pole!!! Totally cute.
You might not be five, but that shouldn't stop you from running in your underwear.
phewww! my boys' active-wear of choice is printed, elasticized loincloths too! Is it the Peterson genes?
Post a Comment