

Carena and I have started our own hiking club (it's very exclusive - only two members) and we're calling ourselves The Nature Walkers. For 10 weeks we have a new hike planned for each Saturday. This past Saturday we hiked the Wind Cave Trail off of Usery. It was so much fun! Carena was totally in her element (as was I). The hike was absolutely gorgeous. It was also rugged. It started out benign enough but before I knew it we were crawling over boulders and telling each other, "Don't look down!" But, we made it to the top to the wind cave where we had our lunch of peanut butter sandwiches, fruit rolls and dehydrated ice cream. Of course we also had plenty of water.


The view from the top:
6 comments:
Wait, there's nature in Arizona?
That was a joke. :)
Looks fun and you have a darling little companion.
I absolutely love it! (And I'm a big fan of exclusive clubs). What a great and inexpensive idea! I still need to get the info on that hike with the waterfalls that you told me about. I think we want to take our kids there. You can now be my nature reference. . . I'll call you Mountain Woman.
I can hardly wait until Kim is really old enough to do mom/daughter things and actually think it is cool. Right now she only talks about "Daddo" when I try to be the cool mom...
I'm changing your name from Roccy to Rocky. Hope you don't mind.
What a great idea! I keep hearing about the wind cave. We're going to have to check it out. :)
How beautiful! And seeing green is such a welcome sight. The only colors in Utah right now are grey, dark grey, and yellow-grey. I'm ready for Spring!
I'd love to be there and pop in on your exclusive club for one of the hikes...Miss you all. Keep on hiking. Boonie checking in from your Mom's computer.
Post a Comment