Saturday, August 23, 2008

Introducing "Allergic to Nuts"

Colt is not so good with names. A few times every day he asks me what the new kitten's name is. When I remind him that it's Tessa, he'll then say, "I can't remember that name. Can we name her something else?" "Sure," I say. So, then he changes her name. A few minutes later: "What's the kitten's name again?" He's not good with names.

So, with the start of school Colt has made a new friend. A girl friend, to be exact. He sits with her on the bus. They hold hands so that neither of them gets lost. Totally cute. But, he can't remember her name. However, there is something identifying about his new friend. She's allergic to nuts. Colt is aware of her allergy. For some reason this is ingrained in him. And this is a conversation I had with Colt the other day:

Colt: Mom you need to check your email.
Me: Why?
Colt: Because Allergic to Nuts said she was going to send me an email.

8 comments:

Cook Zoo said...

LOL! Oh that is way too cute!! (Maybe you should just name the cat "Cat.") hee hee

bethiepoos said...

hahhahahha that is brilliant!! I love colt!

mad white woman said...

That is absolutely hilarious. Jason is the same way (well, maybe not quite as bad) but there is a guy in our ward that we refer to as Adam Sandler. If I say his real name, Jason gives me a blank stare. So I clarify, "You know, Adam Sandler".

Deb said...

That's soooo funny and too cute! I'm glad he's made a little friend. I agree with Donna. Maybe you should rename Tessa to just "cat."

Ian and I had a lady in one of our old wards, whose name we could never remember, so we called her "Las Vegas Lady." She always had big flashy outfits, huge hair, tons of makeup and tons of bling.

Meghann said...

awww! so cute! I wish we lived closer to each other so Colt and Morgan could hold hands on the bus. Of course, she isn't allergic to nuts, so she would probably be forgettable. Or maybe she would be "girl who talks a lot" or "long-haired chick" or something.

There is some property for sale next to our farm--I would let you ride my horses if you move here. haha!

Julie said...

That's so funny! Names are overrated anyway!

My World said...

Why not name the kitten, "Allergic to hair balls?" Aren't they always coughing those up???

Jodi said...

Ha ha ha! Ha HA! That is HILARIOUS! Thank goodness he's not into a girl who picks her nose. "Hey Mom, let me introduce you to Picks-her-nose." Oh my gosh that is so funny!

Matt and I have a hard time remembering names, too. Matt always confuses names with car names. When Deb's Adelaide was a baby, he couldn't remember that her name was Adelaide. He always, ALWAYS called her Escalade. Every once in a while he still does it.