Thursday, August 28, 2008

Deb and Donna - Beat This!

So, recently two of my friends have displayed their cake making and decorating talents on their blogs. The results of their endeavors have been gorgeous beautifully decorated cakes. Well, I thought it only fair that I get in on this and so below are my two most recent cakes.

For Jonathan's birthday - guess how old he is?



And, for Colt's birthday - guess how old he is? (notice the messed up 5 in the middle - the orange coloring didn't work, so I went over it with the white. pretty huh?)


6 comments:

Deb said...

You Win!!! Oreos and Chocolate. That's my absolute favorite kind of cake!!!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I bought that cake! I'm such a cheater!!

Julie said...

Yes!!! A cake decorating contest!! Okay, so Ryan and I think "King of Queens" is so funny and they other night it was an episode about making cakes for a church bake sale. Well, Carrie's not domestic and she can't beat out the competition (who does an exploding carmel lava cake and she does all the preparations to make the cake DAYS before she bakes it). So they just decide to frost a couch pillow and try and buy their own cake and bring it back home. Of course it backfires and Ryan and I were dying laughing. . .

So Roccy, you did better than a frosted couch pillow.

(Actually, they look yummy--I'd take a leftover piece! Sorry, you didn't really need my long post)

mad white woman said...

I used to think I need to quit one of my jobs to get more sleep, relax more and be able to have more (or any) down time. Now I want to just so I can hang out with a cool cake decorator.

Cook Zoo said...

LOL! You're too funny! I think we both get to bow down to Deb's fabulousness. :) (I love the two candle cake!) :)

Jodi said...

OREOS are the best! They beat everything else. Yay Roccy!