Monday, August 11, 2008

The BIG Day

First day of school. My children were officially sucked into the bowels of the public school system. I do not enjoy sending my kids off to school. I'd much rather they stay home. But, alas, I see the positive to school and so each year I suffer through the first day of school and every day thereafter until summer vacation.

This year was twice as hard since Colt was starting kindergarten. I was so worried about him. It is his first experience with school and I stressed. But, I was brave. Colt did fine. He played on the playground with his good buddy and as soon as the teacher blew the whistle to line them up, he was the first in line and off they tromped to class. Who knows what happened after that point. But somehow, at 2:55 pm he was spit out of a yellow school bus happy as a clam! Later he told me, "I like kindergarten. It's fun!"

Both kids had a great first day and I'm so proud of them both.



Their big day didn't end there, however. Turns out we decided to add another family member to our clan and here's her first picture (her name is Tessa):

7 comments:

Deb said...

I'm so glad Colt had a good first day. Phew!

Don't you wish you could see what they are doing all day, and know how they are behaving? It drives me a little crazy not knowing.

mad white woman said...

All this anxiety from other parents... as if I won't have enough of my own by the time Clara goes to school. Colt seems too little for school.

Oh good, another cat for Clara to be terrified of. :)

Julie said...

That's awesome that things went well with Colt. I was thinking about him!

I agree with Deb that I wish I could see what they did all day, espceially when they come home and tell you nothing!

What's the story on the cat? Was that a surprise?

Jodi said...

The first day was hard for me, too. I hated sending Madison to school, but she loved it. I'm glad your kids loved it, too.

I saw Colt on the playground today when I dropped Madison off, he seemed to really be enjoying himself.

Such cute little kiddos!

Cook Zoo said...

It's official. I'm totally heartless. ;) I love the first day of school! I love seeing my kids so excited! Though, I do wish I could be a little fly on the wall and just watch them all day. It'd be fun to see how they are when Mom's not around. :)

Cook Zoo said...

Oh, I totally forgot to say congrats on the cat! How fun!!! :)

My World said...

Your new family member eats more than my new family member!!! :)

I'm glad we get to bond at the bus stop every day!