1. For Christmas Carena got me the coziest, softest bathrobe EVER. And with it a note inviting me to a Spa Day - provided by her! It included a foot massage, shoulder rub, getting my hair done, fingernails painted, ice cream and a movie. Saturday we determined would the the Spa Day. It was so much fun. What an act of service too! She painted my nails a pale shade of pink - perfect! My feet were rubbed with some mint foot cream (smelled good enough to eat), my hair was put into pony tails that were then pulled back into one pony tail. We watched Pete's Dragon and then The Princess Bride while eating neopolitan ice cream. It was a wonderful gift.
2. I made out dinner menus for the next 2 1/2 weeks.
3. I got some major grocery shopping done. I'm usually way too tired to do too much but I got my tough face on and faced the WalMart crowd on a Saturday. Thankfully Carena tagged along and helped me out. We got quite a bit. One of the nicest parts was that I didn't have to pay for all of it! I got a WalMart gift card for Christmas so I got a ton of groceries and only had to pay a little bit. Do you know how wonderful that feels?
4. Carena decided SHE wanted to make dinner AND dessert. She also determined that she'd like to be in charge of dinner and dessert from now on on Saturdays. Sounds good to me. She made the most wonderful tortellini with ham and broccoli. Hands down delicious. For dessert, she made peanut butter graham crackers dipped in chocolate. Throughout it all, she wore a cute little apron. I cannot wait for every Saturday - not only for her fabulous cooking, but to spend time with her in the kitchen and pass on what little knowledge/skills I may possess. It just sounds like some great quality time - mother and daughter.
6 years ago
5 comments:
Yes I know how cool it is to get a ton of stuff for a little price because of a giftcard. Giftcards saved me last year. :)
Can I have a copy of your dinner menu? Ha ha. :)
She needs to teach my kids a pointer or two! What a sweetie.
What a great little helper. I've been wanting some spa time, do you think you could send her my way? Once Machelle's daughter (Sydney) gave me a 10 minute hand massage, it was great! My kids aren't quite into that yet.
It always seems like making menu's and putting together a grocery list for them takes so much longer than it should. I'm exhausted after just doing that, there's no way I can handle the shopping afterward. Plus I just HATE shopping. Luckily Ian and I worked out a deal. I make the list and he does the shopping. He doesn't mind it, so it has now officially become his job.
Tell Carena to pass on that wonderful Saturday-cooking idea to her friends as school, in particular. . . my daughter.
She's such a great kid.
I'd like to adopt Carena. Please.
Post a Comment