Jonathan hoped for some good playground time, but alas, the insane rains we had made for very wet playground equipment. This turtle was dry enough:
Jonathan was super sad that he couldn't play more at the playground, so I suggested we go to the mall and play at the indoor playground. But first we made a stop at the pet shop to see the cute puppies and then headed to get a lemonade and pretzel bits:
Then on Thursday Jonathan started preschool at EMECEC. He goes three times a week for 2 1/2 hours each day. Both of us were very sad. But he needs help with his speech and this is the place to be for that. When I asked Jonathan if he was excited, he said "no." I asked why. To which he replied, "I'll miss noo." Noo is his word for "you." Oh sweet J. I'll miss you too.
His teachers described his first day of school as "sad." Interesting, because that's exactly how I'd describe MY day without him. His second day was less sad. He starts riding the school bus on Tuesday. My tiny boy on a school bus!! He's excited about that - to be a big boy riding a school bus.
The traditional first day of school poses: front and back:
3 comments:
Oh, as soon as I saw the title of this post I was hoping you would say how he was doing at school. If the kid wasn't so darn cute maybe you wouldn't miss him so much? I love how you spent some special one-on-one time with him before he started school. I admire your mothering.
He has the sweetest little face. I am sad just thinking about having to let Clara go to school, and she wouldn't even be sad about it. She'd be ecstatic. I'm pretty sure she doesn't miss me. Glad you had a fun day before he started school.
It's hard to let go of those days when they're home with us all the time. I also like that you took him to the park that last week. I miss those days - not saying I want to go back, but the memories are so sweet.
Post a Comment