Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thwarted Plans

I had this great idea of a big grand day out and about. First, we were going to see G-Force at the theater - the nice theater. Then, we'd meet Chris at Pete's Fish and Chips for lunch. Last, but not least, we'd head to the pool and stay till it closed - packing a picnic dinner to eat there.

We get in the van. I had the feeling we should say a quick prayer for our safety and health for the day. Carena offered the prayer. After she was done, I decided to do a quick clean-out of the car since the garbage can was just a few feet away. I grabbed the Sonic cups and a few other garbage-y items and chucked them in the can. Just as I was returning to the van, two meter readers walk by. One of them yells to me, "You probably know this but you've got a flat tire!"
"Come on!" I reply. He counters with, "Hey, it's only flat on one side" and then laughs. I walk around the car and yup - COMPLETELY FLAT.

::sigh::

I unload the kids from the van. We're all disappointed that our big day and our plans had been thwarted.

But really . . .being safe is a lot more fun than not. So, we're happy to be home today and grateful for our safety.

We have a free day, it appears. Instead of filling it with housework and chores, however, we've been goofing off all day! Not bad after all.

(Although I can change a tire, I really don't want to - especially in this heat. I'll save it for the MAN to do tonight when he gets home from work)

4 comments:

Julie said...

You must have great kids because mine would have probably DIED from disappointment.

And. . . if I ever have a flat tire I may call you (I'm not sure Ryan could do it either. . . but just keep that between us:) ).

mad white woman said...

About a month ago, I started telling Jason I am so excited for Christmas. I tell him at least once a week.

I wish I had been home today... I would've called AAA right up and had your tire fixed in no time. And then you could've enjoyed your fun, adventurous day. Someday I'll be your hero, sorry that wasn't today.

Kelly Cameron said...

I like you, Roccy. I believe we are kindred spirits. I love reading your blog and you are so sweet with your encouraging and fun comments and emails. I cheer on your positive attitude, making parties out of catastrophes and celebrating the little, everyday things that make life worth living. We need a club. We need a name. We need...A CHEER! Have a splendid day :)

Cook Zoo said...

You rock! I love your positive attitude.