Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sugar-Free

Ok, I've been feeling a little wonky lately. I have this mysterious rash on my right arm and some sort of allergic reaction going on on my face.

I'm beautiful . . .

But really - the only thing I can think of that's causing this is my increased intake of sugar. I mean I've been going all out lately. I eat because I'm sad? Maybe. But it's got to stop!

Last night after dinner, we decided to go to the grocery store for one thing and one thing only - candy. I'm was jonesin' for a wee bit of chocolate (only I didn't eat just a wee bit).

While we were at the grocery store we ran into one of our friends. She had just gotten done at the gym. She looked fantastic. And there I was standing in front of the candy section, drooling. We get to talking and she mentions how hard she works out at the gym and how one little candy bar would ruin her efforts. One candy bar. She said the candy bar wasn't worth it. I didn't mind though because I hadn't just worked out. In fact, when was the last time I worked out? I felt bad as I looked at our cart - Reese's Pieces, Mike and Ike's, Riesen (I picked those), 3 Musketeers, and Butter Mints.

SO - I declare today SUGAR-FREE day. No candy for me, no pancakes slathered in syrup, no Cokes, nothin'.

Now, I've done this before (and for longer) but it's been awhile. This will serve as my kick start to be healthier. If you live near me, I would recommend you staying far far away - I will not be a happy person as I withdrawal.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Go Roccy! I should do that...

Kelly Cameron said...

Alright! You can do it! But make sure you have fun, healthy things to replace those sugary items. I used to try to divert my sweet-tooth by eating other things, then eventually grabbed what I initially wanted -meaning I ate about twice as much than if I had gone directly to the source of my craving. But, I've also gone sugar-free for a longer stint, too, and it's AMAZING how satisfying fruit can be -AS DESSERT! Incredible... I have confidence you'll be pleased with yourself, whatever your goal is. Because you Rock.

mad white woman said...

Eh, someday I'm going to do this for a month and I'm totally dreading it.