Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Little Big Boy


T
oday Jonathan got a haircut. There were two reasons why it was time. The first was because it got a bit tiresome correcting everyone when they referred to him as "she." The second reason was because it's getting hot out and we thought it would be more comfortable for him. Good reasons, right? Then why did I cry when they cut his hair? I had them save every last curl and I took them home in a baggie.

5 comments:

mad white woman said...

he looks so handsome. we should've just had him and clara trade clothes, because she is ALWAYS referred to in some way or another as a boy... my brother said, when her hair grows more, they'll stop. good thing adults' gender isn't considered based on hair length, otherwise we'd have some serious confusion in this world!! :)

Jodi said...

Oh, what a handsome little man!

Cook Zoo said...

He looks totally cute! I was always sentimental about that first haircut too. John's hair was sooooo long before we finally cut it. I saved their hair in little baggies and put them in their baby books too.

Anonymous said...

okay, you made me cry too. I loved Jonathan curls. I think that why I've kept Luke's curls for so long. Jonathan looks so grown up now, he is such cutie.
--Lisa McB

Julie said...

The boy is so cute either way. As i mentioned to you--he's also got some amazing eyelashes! Yeah, like a boy is really happy about that! But the girls will love it. . . .