Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Thought


Yesterday was Mother's Day. At one point Carena came over to me and said, "You are the best mother I could ever ask for." What a sweet precious thing to say! But, after she said that, I thought to myself, "Am I?" And so, I began reflecting on the kind of mother I am. Am I the best that I can be? Am I the best mother my children could ever ask for? I approached these questions in a positive way - so as not to belittle the efforts I do put forth. But, I could do better. I could do much better! And so I approach this year with the desire to earn Mother's Day next year and to respond with, "Yes I am!" when my children tell me I am the best mother they could ever ask for.

4 comments:

Cook Zoo said...

You're a great mom! And you're smart to evaluate yourself with a positive attitude. I'll try to follow your example. :)

Julie said...

Roccy, I SERIOUSLY, think you are an awesome mom. I know everyone can improve and self-evaluate, but you are well on your way!

Jodi said...

You are a GREAT mom! Colt has a lovely new balloon to prove it! :)

Deb said...

I thought the same thing when I got my cards and flowers from the family. I wondered if I had earned or deserved them. Being a mom is really hard sometimes. You are always a good example for me to follow.