Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Colt


Dear Colt,

Today is your 5th birthday. I do not know where the time went! Papa took the day off so that he could be here for your special day. Carena woke you up early by singing Happy Birthday to you. She wanted to give you her present before she left for school. She got you a fun toy that has these "helicopter" things that you flew all over the house. She also got you a fake snake. When you came out to the kitchen this morning you were surprised at all of the decorations that Papa and I had set up for you. Lots of streamers, balloons and Happy Birthday banners. For breakfast you wanted a donut - the one with white frosting and sprinkles. But, you only ate a few bites because you were too excited about your birthday. You wanted to open more presents, so you got to open one more. It was a GameCube game. You wanted to play that the entire morning, but we convinced you to come with us to run some errands. We went and got Jonathan's haircut. You could see that I was sad about that, so you played a game with me while Jonathan got his haircut. Then, we walked through some nice model homes - you liked running up and down the stairs the best. By that time it was lunch time. We asked you where you wanted to go for lunch and you requested Burger King. That was fun!


It is tradition that you get to pick what you want for dinner. This year you wanted macaroni and cheese. We also had ham, peas, and orange smoothies. You got an oreo cake for your birthday cake. You made a wish and blew the candles out. You nibbled on your cake until we told you you could open the rest of your presents. You got another GameCube game, an alarm clock, JumpStart World, window chalk (from Jonathan), walkie talkies, new clothes, a few bucks, and some posters for your room (SpongeBob and Cars).


Your Marmy and Guy called you to wish you a happy birthday and so did Uncle Christopher. You had fun talking to them on the phone.

Colt, I can not believe you are five. You are an amazing person and I am privileged to know you and humbled that I get to be your Mama. You are such a sweet spirit and my heart is full with love for you. Happy Birthday, Bud. I love you with all my heart forever.

Love,
Mama

4 comments:

mad white woman said...

As if you don't hear from me enough... You are one cool Mamma. How sweet. PS Sorry about the darn "pre-treatment" rule. Argh!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday to you, Colt!

Cook Zoo said...

Happy Birthday Colt! :)

Julie said...

What a fun birthday memory for him to read later. I love all the details with what he wanted to each and everything. Cool!