Monday, October 18, 2010

Mommy and Me on the Farm

I signed Jonathan and I up for a Mommy and Me farm class at Superstition Farms. I actually signed us up MONTHS ago, but each time the class came around someone was sick, so we had to keep canceling. But, finally, today was the day!

We started by feeding a baby cow some milk from a bottle. Aggressive little things . . .and they drink fast! We learned about making milk. Each cow produces about 8 gallons of milk a day. Wowee!

Jonathan got to feed and groom some goats. We went on a hay ride and had some ice cream. Jonathan also got to go into the chicken coops and gather eggs!




5 comments:

mad white woman said...

What a fun day. Farm fun with little J. He's got the sweetest little face.

PS Aren't you glad us humans don't produce 8 stinkin' gallons of milk a day?? :)

Marie said...

He is such a cutie! That sounds like fun especially the ice cream part! Mmm

Christina said...

I LOVE that you do so many one on one things with your kiddos! What fun memories for them. BTW Johnathan is such a cute little guy!!:)

Deb said...

Hey just spent some time getting caught up on your blog. I love all those pictures of little Carena. Especially the one of her and Chris sleeping in the chair. She is such a doll.

And it looks like you guys had a great and very memorable fall break. I always feel bad for my kids because they don't get to go on vacations and what not too. But you did a great job at making some great memories. You're an awesome mom. They'll remember more the way you made them feel special than the places they go.

iheartmesa said...

That looked like a lot of fun. I think my girls would love to do something like this.