Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Two of Fall Break: $22.00

Today we went to Jump and Shout - a huge indoor playground/jungle-gym thingy. Tuesdays the kids get in for $5.00 (instead of $9.00 on other days). They had a BLAST. I think they could have stayed the entire day. Next time we go, I'll be more prepared for spending an entire day there. I meant to bring a book to keep me busy, but of course forgot it sitting by the front door. I also should have packed snacks and/or lunch. They have a little snack bar area that we could have eaten at. Oh well, next time.

As we were leaving we noticed Yodipity across the street. I'd heard of it, but had never been. The kids were hot and sweaty from so much jumping and shouting so we decided to try it out. Self-serve yogurt with self-serve toppings - yum! Let's see who can make the grossest combination. I think Carena won, although she wasn't planning on it - sour green apple frozen yogurt sprinkled with chocolate caramels.

A really fun day. It was also nice to come home and sit in my big comfy chair reading a book while the kids watched tv and did crafts at the kitchen table.

2 comments:

Marie said...

What a great idea! We still need to go shooting.

Amy from Our Dish said...

This is sooooooooo awesome. Can we come with you some day??? My kids are climbing the walls.

I really love the river trip yesterday. I've GOT to do that sometime soon.