Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Need a Hobby

Any suggestions?

Requirements:

1. It must be CHEAP, if not free.

2. It must be a hobby that is conducive to being a stay-at-home mom (easily dropped and picked back up when one of the kids NEEDS mom and NEEDS her right now, something I can do with the kids around - not something that takes me away from them).

5 comments:

Deb said...

I thought blogging was your hobby????

It's free.

mad white woman said...

You are the second blog tonight of someone asking for hobby suggestions. Here's some suggestions:
a. clean my house
b. do my dishes
c. do my laundry
I don't mind if you bring your kids or if you start and stop multiple times a day.

Marie said...

You could try sewing. Or knitting. Or drawing or painting. Or cooking.

I saw a quote on the back of a truck and it made me think of you. It said "Horse people are Stable people"!! I just had to share.

Tiffany Haynes said...

Some things I like to do are sewing, photography, thrifting, decorating, digital scrapbooking, headband making, couponing, embroidery, orgainizing....photography usually takes up the majority of my time but I try to fill in the rest of the little free time I have with rest of them. Let us know what which one you decide.

Kelly Cameron said...

You should make a joke book.
Grab a spiral notebook, write down the funny stuff that happens or that Colt says, and make a book. Or a separate blog. Or THIS blog! You've got some of the most hilarious stories -and they're stories with heart. What woman/mother doesn't want to read that?!

But on a more practical "I want a hobby" level, I think you should decide to become an expert on something new once a month Maybe this month it's chocolate, or free stuff in Mesa for kids to do, or Argentinean music. Next month it's something new. I have a short attention span. Month-long obsessions work for me, maybe it will do the trick for you, too.

Sending major hugs!