I'll blame it on the fact that I've been sick the past few days.
A few weeks ago I was given notice that I needed to update my drivers license picture by December 1, 2011. Oops, it didn't happen until today, December 13, 2011.
Anyway, my current photo was awesome. I'm not kidding. I think it's the best picture of me ever. I was having a good hair day, it seems. My hair is long in that picture. My smile is perfect. I look thin and young!
And today, to have to give up that picture and face what I have become (on the outside). That was really really hard. I'm not a vain person (ok, I lied about my weight too).
But letting go of that person who I used to look like on the outside was hard. It's hard because she's still who I am on the inside, but my outsides just don't show it so well any more. It's hard saying goodbye to that. No more proof of that person. Now I just have the proof that I'm a tired old mom with short hair that I'm trying to grow out and it's in this really awful funky stage. And my cheeks are too pudgy.
A few weeks ago, an older friend on facebook posted a picture of herself when she was younger - highschool/college-age. In the caption she wrote, "To remind myself of who I still am inside."
And so, when I got to my car after I got my new picture on my drivers license I cried. I cried because I didn't want that new picture to be true. I wanted the old picture to still be true.
6 years ago
4 comments:
The inside you always shows through to the outside. The length of your hair doesn't matter one i-ota. You might be a bit too critical. You can not judge a book by looking at it's cover...as an avid reader you KNOW that!
But, your cover is just as sweet and cute as your pages and chapters within. And who is gonna spend time looking at a license photo anyhoo?
Would you believe this JUST showed up in my reader.... as in JUST NOW???
And I'm sorry you cried.
BUT FOR THE RECORD: you rock the short hair better than anyone. Enjoy it while it lasts, a little longer!? No pudgy cheeks in sight. And you will forever look young and vibrant with that AMAZEBALLS skin of yours.
If you want to feel better just go back and take a looksie at that skank-nast picture of my back, ok?
Love you, no more tears!
Sorry you cried. And I'm sorry you feel that way, especially since you have the youngest looking skin of anyone I know. Well, other than a baby. I'm serious. It's falwless?
Sometimes when I'm sleep deprived, I stare at my face in the mirror and cry too. What with my dark circles, sunken eyes and plethora of zits, I am a sight. But you are so radiant. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so behold, your beauty! :)
I had the same feeling when I was made to go in and renew my license because I'd missed the online renewal form and had to go in in person, and then got surprised to find out I needed to get a new picture--hair flat and pregnant. Now I'm going to have to do it again, because they changed the law. And my hair is all short too. I know the feeling.
Post a Comment