Monday, April 13, 2009

A Moment of Awesome

Hate to admit it, but I'm not easily impressed. I feel like I've seen it all - or at the least - will have seen it all - and am therefore anticipating it. Whatever "it" may be.

But on Saturday I was impressed.

Saturday was a rainy chilly day here in Arizona. Chilly enough for sweaters and jackets. My little family and I were headed to church for an Easter brunch. It was pouring out. We're driving along when I notice something up ahead on the sidewalk. It looks like a person lying down on the sidewalk?! Doing something . . .

We get closer . . .

It's some guy - IN THE POURING COLD RAIN - doing stomach crunches ON THE SIDEWALK. Most likely he's training for something. Maybe he did a little running and then dropped and did a set of who knows how many crunches ON THE SIDEWALK IN THE POURING COLD RAIN.

I was impressed. I guess I'm impressed when I see people pushing themselves - and maybe at the same time I'm a little envious that I don't have the guts to do it. I have a whole lotta respect for that guy.

6 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Hahahaha that's pretty cool.

And crazy.

Meghann said...

he probably has pneumonia now. serves him right for showing up the rest of us lol

kidding, of course. I find that rather impressive as well!

Julie said...

What no picture? Okay, I admit that would be weird to take a picture of him and I have a feeling that if you googled that you still wouldn't have come up with a picture. Because, honestly, who does that?

mad white woman said...

I probably would've laughed. Anyone that does that is crazy.

Cook Zoo said...

Wow, that guy's nuts. ;)

After Julie's comment, I had to see if I could find a picture of someone doing situps in the rain, but no such luck.

My World said...

Next time it's pouring, cold rain in AZ...You and me...crunches on the sidewalk. I think it would heighten the effect if we had buckets of ice surrounding us. What do you think?